In August, 2003 we decided to upgrade our 11 year old working GE refrigerator in our cottage with an upscale Frigidaire Model.
We bought the model from Future Shop in Montreal and took it to our cottage an hour from home in Malone, NY.
It was bigger and with more bells and whistles than good old reliable and our only complaint from the beginning was that on it's own every so often it would go into defrost mode , then click back to normal.Warranty was up in 2008 and the problem got worse.Two friends bought the identical fridge and had the same problem. One fridge packed it in after 5 years and the serviceman said it would be better to buy a new one, ours did the same last week and the third one is ready to pack it in.
Talking to Customer support was a nightmare, We were switched from Frigidaire USA, to Frigidaire CAN and they couldn't decide who should service this piece of junk.On a couple of occasions we couldn't understand a word the third world country rep. was talking about but felt relieved because he said we were covered for 10 years.
When we called to find a serviceman in Malone , We were told that since the warranty was up , so sad too bad it's your bill.
Two long days later the Service man called to inform us to buy a new fridge as it would be too costly a repair. Three different dept. stores told us to buy Maytag, Whirlpool, LG GE. That makes us feel good about our other GE appliances. I am posting a review on FAcebook so my children grandchildren, friends and their families aren't taken in like we were.
Our Motto is Electrolux should stick to making Vacuum Cleaners!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Frigidaire Refrigerator
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "In October 2009 we decided to purchase a Maytag Bravos 850 series washer and dryer combo for approx. $1800. We figured investing in a "premium" set of appliances from..."
- "Five years ago my wife and I built a new home. We purchased a refrigerator and slide in stove from Lowe's. We purchased the three year warranty with it, which..."
- "So about two years ago we purchased a Gallery series fridge. The "first generation" ice maker leaked and had issues and we had to fix it so many times that..."
- "TD is currently pushing a promotion whereby new customers who open an ifinity account get a new Samsung tablet (worth $300). I've been a loyal customer for close to 15..."
- "We rented a property through FlipKey last weekend, and when we arrived we discovered most of the amenities promised weren't there, the property was filthy, the outside was trashed, and..."
- " I ordered a set of Cuff Daddy cufflinks from Amazon on August 29, 2016 for $39 along with few other things. On August 30, 2016 Amazon sent me an..."
- "Extremely disappointed with Jerome's oops proof! Can not believe they way they handle their customers. I purchased a dinning table set and when you file a claim only..."
- "I spent $161.92 for a 'deluxe' sugar and sweet bouquet and everyone's favorite candy basket with all the up charges to be delivered for my daughters sweet 16th birthday. It..."
- "My first purchase from this internet company of a 17.00 Hummingbird Feeder with a nearly $12.00 S&H charge, of which is 70 % of the cost. For some unknown reason, the..."