Frigidaire - All Frigidare refrigerators are lemons
In August, 2003 we decided to upgrade our 11 year old working GE refrigerator in our cottage with an upscale Frigidaire Model.
We bought the model from Future Shop in Montreal and took it to our cottage an hour from home in Malone, NY.
It was bigger and with more bells and whistles than good old reliable and our only complaint from the beginning was that on it's own every so often it would go into defrost mode , then click back to normal.Warranty was up in 2008 and the problem got worse.Two friends bought the identical fridge and had the same problem. One fridge packed it in after 5 years and the serviceman said it would be better to buy a new one, ours did the same last week and the third one is ready to pack it in.
Talking to Customer support was a nightmare, We were switched from Frigidaire USA, to Frigidaire CAN and they couldn't decide who should service this piece of junk.On a couple of occasions we couldn't understand a word the third world country rep. was talking about but felt relieved because he said we were covered for 10 years.
When we called to find a serviceman in Malone , We were told that since the warranty was up , so sad too bad it's your bill.
Two long days later the Service man called to inform us to buy a new fridge as it would be too costly a repair. Three different dept. stores told us to buy Maytag, Whirlpool, LG GE. That makes us feel good about our other GE appliances. I am posting a review on FAcebook so my children grandchildren, friends and their families aren't taken in like we were.
Our Motto is Electrolux should stick to making Vacuum Cleaners!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Frigidaire Refrigerator
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "The hood cracked and then literally started melting... why would a product intended for heating food melt!!!? What a scam. ..."
- "Periodically the door handle comes off our $1400 Gallery Series Frigidaire range. Usually happens when it is hot. Frigidaire designed it with steel washers on each side but..."
- "Five years ago my wife and I built a new home. We purchased a refrigerator and slide in stove from Lowe's. We purchased the three year warranty with it, which..."
- "since October I've have had 5 people to see the water damage from the dish. attached are pictures and all have agreed the damage from the dish. the frustration is..."
- "Only ordered one item from the company original soe gear and have to say i love what i got. Ordered theyre wallet that they sekl to try out the products..."
- "We got a new roof that is now in our falling piece by piece in to our yard. This is not the first time either. September 20th is when the..."
- "This company is a SCAM. Eli Levinson is a thief and conniving man. He has lied about everything, falsified documents, made fictitious claims. - Rented our properties well below market..."
- "18775032115 Wed 2/18/09 8:53 PM 6 rings 18775032115 Wed 2/18/09 3:53 PM 6 ringsiQor called twice today. They call every day.They also call from is 1-866-294-1752.They are harassing my family for..."
- "Vitabreeze. It’s an Amazon-only scam that you probably have never heard of. Never heard of that company, right? That’s because they are a fly-by-night Amazon scam, with FAKE REVIEWS on..."