Verified Reviewer

Junior Reviewer
2.8

Update by user May 13, 2021

Added new defrost timer. So this means that I have replaced (at my expense with OEM parts)the Temp control, The defrost heater/thermostat and the defrost timer (for desert).

It now works well enough to be fucntional. If I set the fridge temp to "normal" the fridge temp is 32 to 38 degrees and the freezer is -8 to +1 degrees. I backed off to make it warmer. I have spent $160 to replace the parts that I was told were NOT yet I have them.

All genuine OEM Electrolux parts..

I consider the problem resolved, but the company really sucks. I had to fix it myself at my expense.Way to go Fridgedaire.

Update by user Feb 14, 2021

It is now February 14, 2021. I ordered a temp control (~$60) and put it in.

It's a little better but the other issue is that the defrost heated is not working. There is frost and ice all over the coil after the defrost cycle. BTW when I forced the defrost timer to defrost I got 120V going to the freezer off Pins 1 & 4. No heater coming on..

The defrost time worked it normal cycle time and the compressor starts normally. I have ordered this part (Heater and thermostat is one unit). It is special order and ~$75 delivered I think that this will fix it. The company that said it was going to order the parts has not called in 7 weeks!

Fridigdaire...NO CUSTOMER SERVICE.

I'll let you know if when I replace the heater it all works! Glad I'm technically competent.

Update by user Nov 24, 2020

I finally got a service person that Home Depot authorized. This took place on September 24,2020....No Call No Show (When I called that number I found out that he did not work on "closed systems", but didn't let anyone know that).So on October 8, 2020 I had a Tech come.

He said that he would order and replace the Defrost Timer, Thermistor and Main Board. He said that parts normally came in in about 4-5days. We set up and appointment for October 14th.October 14th.....No parts available. The sent a email to manufacturer.October 21st: Still no parts.

Frigidaire said that they would now offer to replace the fridge....November 2, 2020 a email arrives from Frigidaire. They will replace the fridge with one of their products of equal or lesser value. I would have to disable the fridge, send in a copy of the receipt for the new fridge and they would send me a debit card in that amount. No reimbursement for taxes, delivery or haul away.

REALLY? How does that make me whole?????It's their mistake and I need to fix it.....WOW that is CUSTOMER NO SERVICE. The fridge has been working since the end of October. We are keeping it as that is ok at this point.

Will purchase a service contract to be sure. Will not deal with Home Cheapo(sic) for an appliance ever again.

I will deal with local appliance dealers, pay the premium price but get good service. Never will buy another product from Frigidaire.

Original review posted by user Oct 23, 2020

Installed date: 05/11/2020

Date of death: 09/11/2020

Temp suddenly rose in the fridge (Freezer 16/Fridge 50). Unplugged fridge to reset board (it's a computer I figure).

Restart fridge. Temp is now 68/68. System shuts down after three hours. Unplug for a day (BTW: This is my Beer Fridge).

Restart now 34/58 after 6 hours. Call customer no-service at Frigidaire... They send out a guy who says that the compressor is dead and to call the people I purchased from. Home Depot also has customer no service.

You cannot speak to a human easily. They told me that I needed to go through them. I did. I waited a week....

Service no call no show. Called the service people back. The guy they were going to send doesn't work on sealed systems (like this IS my fault?). Wait another week.

Great service guy comes...(BTW It started to work again (-5/36 degrees). He says that he will replace the board, sensor and defrost timer as that would cover it all. It is now two weeks later.....I called the service company and was told that the parts were not in and that a note had been sent to Frigidaire about when they should expect parts. 5 weeks without a fridge.

Can't talk to a human at either Home Depot or Frigidaire. WTF?

User's recommendation: Test customer service lines BEFORE you buy to see if you can talk to a human.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Frigidaire Pros: Nice looking unit.

Comments