Verified Reviewer

3.4

I spent a considerable amount of time writing a thoughtful and helpful review for a cooktop. Frigidaire "moderated" my review and refused to publish it. Frigidaire rejected the review based upon a laundry list of reasons, NONE OF THEM pertinent to my review. Kindly contact me without delay to adequately explain what possible objection Frigidaire has to my innocuous review!

This is the correspondence:

"Thank you for choosing Frigidaire. As a valued owner, your opinion matters greatly to us and to other customers. We welcome your thoughts and appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Unfortunately, your review could not be posted for the reason listed below. Please take a moment to update your review so we can post it on the site.

Thanks again for your valued feedback.

Mention a competitor

Includes personally identifiable information

Mentions shipping complaints

Including inappropriate media

Contains a URL

Product is obsolete

Is vague or needs more detail

Includes profanity

Submit something new

Thanks again,

Frigidaire

Adjusting flame; preemptive *** repair

1) The instruction manual says to adjust the low flame by adjusting a screw at the bottom of the valve stem. Frigidaire inserts a rubber plug at the top of the valve stem that is difficult to remove. If you do manage to remove the plug without it getting jammed into the valve stem, only an unusually long jewelry screwdriver can reach far enough down to turn the screw. Such a screwdriver is difficult to find. Instead of enclosing stainless steel cleaning compound, Frigidaire should enclose this long screwdriver and dispense with the valve plugs. Since it was under warranty, a serviceman came out three times before succeeding in adjusting the flame. Not profitable for Frigidaire. 2) A lot of people complain about the breakability of the control knobs. A standard 1/2" nylon barbed fitting has a perfect diameter for reinforcing the control *** shaft. I cut both legs off a barb-barb 90 degree fitting and greased up the *** shafts. I tapped each barbed leg down from the cut end until reaching the end of the *** shaft. It's a tight fit, but the barbed leg will go down. The barbed end extends almost to the *** itself. I then used a utility knife to smooth off the tapped cut end of the fitting leg. This *** will NEVER break. This fix only takes a few minutes per *** 3) An illustration for propane conversion did not print out in my instructions. The piece in the regulator that needed flipping for the conversion was not snug enough to lock in the way it should have. It still seems to work. 4) This cooktop is made Thailand, not the United States."

User's recommendation: Boycott Frigidaire censorship!

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Location: East Hartford, Connecticut