Frigidaire Affinity Front Load Piece of Junk

Frigidaire Affinity Front Load Washer. Model FAFS4272LWO Mine is barely 5 years old and I've had to replace several things already. It's obviously a lemon or something. It's definitely not normal that's for sure.

2011 - Purchased brand new

2012 - Replaced drain hose, drain pump and drain to tub hose

2013 - Replaced main control motor

2014 - Replaced main control board

2016 - Now it's giving me an error code of E 53 (all the research online is saying motor needs to be replaced) AGAIN!!! This is sooooo wrong! I contacted Frigidaire and the only thing I was offered was a 40% discount on parts purchased thru them. How does that help me unless I know what part to purchase and have someone to install it? I'm certainly not going to attempt to take apart a washer and fix it myself when I know nothing about them. They say they back their products. NOT!!!! If you backed your products then you shouldn't be selling malfunctioning machines in the first place. First of all I should NEVER have had to replace this many parts in the first couple of years. Second of all I definitely shouldn't have to replace a motor in the first couple of years. And third I DEFINITELY shouldn't be replacing the motor AGAIN for a machine that is only 5 years old.

This product needs to be recalled and replaced.

I will NEVER buy another Frigidaire again and I am telling EVERYONE NOT to buy either. You will regret it. You will end up spending more money to continuously repair it when you could just keep buying new ones for the same if not cheaper price.

I bought the washer and dryer in a set and out of all the problems with the washer I've had NONE with the dryer. That should tell you something is wrong with the washer...obviously!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Ease of Use
Style and Design

Reason of review:
Defective parts and machine. Bad Quality. Poor customer service. Horrible product.
Preferred solution:
I would like the product recalled and replaced for free or a refund for the defective machine.
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Affinity Front Load Washer Fafs4272Lwo
Review category
Appliances and Electronics
review #852952 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Frigidaire? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.