Frigidaire Affinity front-load washing machine, purchased Feb.9, 2014, has broken down three times in 13 months.
Same basic problem each time: bad electronics. The control board (and door locks) misfire. Twice, the fix was free under the original 1-yr manufacturer's warranty. Once, the fix was free under the extended warranty.
Lowe's sold me the lemon, and I'll never shop again at Lowe's. Frigidaire won't credit me for the piece of *** so I can go but a Whirlpool. Under the extended warranty, it must break down at least three times before Frigidaire will consider replacing the machine. They won't count the first two malfunctions since they occurred under the original warranty.
That means the thing has to shoot sparks at least FIVE TIMES before I'm eligible for a replacement. Here's the thing: I don't want a fricking replacement. It's a piece of ***. I want a different washer, better brand.
AVOID APPLIANCES WITH ELECTRONICS AND DIGITAL DISPLAYS.They are built to break down.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Frigidaire Affinity Front-Load Washing Machine
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a defective element TV from target on black Friday, tried to have target exchange it but they were out of stock so i attempted to call element electronics..."
- "Where to start let's see... I am only writing this to prevent people from the headaches I had to deal with. I purchased this freezer because it was supposed to..."
- "Washing machine inner drum covered for 25 year replacement, called Frigidaire and they confirmed is covered but a aproved technician examination and diagnosed was needed, technician called Frigidaire and ..."
- "We bought a power dual reclining couch from La-Z-Boy back in November 2014. We chose a synthetic "leather-like" surface in the showroom due to its warm feel that's unlike traditional..."
- "We went to the only Steak N Shake in Charleston SC. We sat unattended for 15 minutes while numerous waitresses passed by us and our waitress was behind the..."
- "My lawn was fertilized on 7/28 they left stripes and of course they missed several areas. I called and it will take several more days for service, you bought Scotts lawn..."
- "I have been a long time consumer of Newegg off on on for years, and have recently cheered them on the fight against Patent trolls. But recently I ordered..."
- "We went to arby with my two children and when i approach fountain michine to get soda i noticed a puddle of nasty water i said something and they..."
- "I waited a month for my package to never come then when i said i was opening a dispute for my refund he himself changed original arrive by date from..."