Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
100% full Not resolved

Frigidaire Affinity front-load washing machine, purchased Feb.9, 2014, has broken down three times in 13 months.

Same basic problem each time: bad electronics. The control board (and door locks) misfire. Twice, the fix was free under the original 1-yr manufacturer's warranty. Once, the fix was free under the extended warranty.

Lowe's sold me the lemon, and I'll never shop again at Lowe's. Frigidaire won't credit me for the piece of *** so I can go but a Whirlpool. Under the extended warranty, it must break down at least three times before Frigidaire will consider replacing the machine. They won't count the first two malfunctions since they occurred under the original warranty.

That means the thing has to shoot sparks at least FIVE TIMES before I'm eligible for a replacement. Here's the thing: I don't want a fricking replacement. It's a piece of ***. I want a different washer, better brand.

AVOID APPLIANCES WITH ELECTRONICS AND DIGITAL DISPLAYS.They are built to break down.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I didn't like: I did not like.

Had an Experience with Frigidaire?

Comments

I'm in a similar situation....Frigidaire Affinity Front Load Washer.Model FAFS4272LWO Mine is barely 5 years old and I've had to replace several things already.

It's obviously a lemon or something. It's definitely not normal that's for sure.

2011 - Purchased brand new

2012 - Replaced drain hose, drain pump and drain to tub hose

2013 - Replaced main control motor

2014 - Replaced main control board

2016 - Now it's giving me an error code of E 53 (all the research online is saying motor needs to be replaced) AGAIN!!! This is sooooo wrong!

I contacted Frigidaire and the only thing I was offered was a 40% discount on parts purchased thru them. How does that help me unless I know what part to purchase and have someone to install it? I'm certainly not going to attempt to take apart a washer and fix it myself when I know nothing about them. They say they back their products.

NOT!!!! If you backed your products then you shouldn't be selling malfunctioning machines in the first place. First of all I should NEVER have had to replace this many parts in the first couple of years. Second of all I definitely shouldn't have to replace a motor in the first couple of years.

And third I DEFINITELY shouldn't be replacing the motor AGAIN for a machine that is only 5 years old.cnull99@cox.net

Outline_Outreach_SPC

Hello Friend,

On behalf of Frigidaire, please except our humble apologies on your recent frustrating experience.

Please allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence.

We never wish such inconveniences upon our consumers and want to research your history with us.

If you will, kindly contact us at SocialCare(at)Frigidaire.com with your full name in the subject line and all contact and product information in your email body.

Your concern will be reevaluated with our complete and full attention.We hear your voice and thank you for taking your time to share your important feedback, and again, our sincere apologies for your unsatisfactory experience.

Best regards