Frigidaire Affinity front-load washing machine, purchased Feb.9, 2014, has broken down three times in 13 months.
Same basic problem each time: bad electronics. The control board (and door locks) misfire. Twice, the fix was free under the original 1-yr manufacturer's warranty. Once, the fix was free under the extended warranty.
Lowe's sold me the lemon, and I'll never shop again at Lowe's. Frigidaire won't credit me for the piece of *** so I can go but a Whirlpool. Under the extended warranty, it must break down at least three times before Frigidaire will consider replacing the machine. They won't count the first two malfunctions since they occurred under the original warranty.
That means the thing has to shoot sparks at least FIVE TIMES before I'm eligible for a replacement. Here's the thing: I don't want a fricking replacement. It's a piece of ***. I want a different washer, better brand.
AVOID APPLIANCES WITH ELECTRONICS AND DIGITAL DISPLAYS.They are built to break down.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Frigidaire Affinity Front-Load Washing Machine
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.
You May Also Like
- "In August, 2003 we decided to upgrade our 11 year old working GE refrigerator in our cottage with an upscale Frigidaire Model.We bought the model from Future Shop in Montreal..."
- "So about two years ago we purchased a Gallery series fridge. The "first generation" ice maker leaked and had issues and we had to fix it so many times that..."
- "The hood cracked and then literally started melting... why would a product intended for heating food melt!!!? What a scam. ..."
- "We bought a power dual reclining couch from La-Z-Boy back in November 2014. We chose a synthetic "leather-like" surface in the showroom due to its warm feel that's unlike traditional..."
- "My lawn was fertilized on 7/28 they left stripes and of course they missed several areas. I called and it will take several more days for service, you bought Scotts lawn..."
- "We went to the only Steak N Shake in Charleston SC. We sat unattended for 15 minutes while numerous waitresses passed by us and our waitress was behind the..."
- "I wouldn’t advise anyone to ever shop at this Prattville, Alabama location. If I could, I would give them zero (0) stars, but I have to give them at least..."
- "Terrible customer service I ordered 2 Canvas couple of days ago as soon as did my purchase I noticed my canvas were black & white and I sent you guys..."
- "I ordered my brother a custom tshirt for his 60th birthday.His party is this weekend.I received the shirt but the image did not come out well.I contacted them and sent..."