Frigidaire Affinity front-load washing machine, purchased Feb.9, 2014, has broken down three times in 13 months.
Same basic problem each time: bad electronics. The control board (and door locks) misfire. Twice, the fix was free under the original 1-yr manufacturer's warranty. Once, the fix was free under the extended warranty.
Lowe's sold me the lemon, and I'll never shop again at Lowe's. Frigidaire won't credit me for the piece of *** so I can go but a Whirlpool. Under the extended warranty, it must break down at least three times before Frigidaire will consider replacing the machine. They won't count the first two malfunctions since they occurred under the original warranty.
That means the thing has to shoot sparks at least FIVE TIMES before I'm eligible for a replacement. Here's the thing: I don't want a fricking replacement. It's a piece of ***. I want a different washer, better brand.
AVOID APPLIANCES WITH ELECTRONICS AND DIGITAL DISPLAYS.They are built to break down.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Frigidaire Affinity Front-Load Washing Machine
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "i ordered the microwave/hood filters from frigidaire for $139.95. i received the wrong products. i called the service and they insisted they sent the right one and i have to..."
- "I bought a brand new (or so I thought) X2 on 12/8/16 straight off of the company website. It was a promo deal that included the board and bag. When..."
- "I would like to ensure that all fellow Costco Members and consumers are aware of the lack of customer service and assistance when dealing with products that are damaged/defective straight..."
- "I would like to apply for a Canadian permanent residency from Dubai. I am an Indian with a masters in business administration and currently working as a Business Development Manager..."
- "Until now my refund request is zero. I think hellopay is a SCAM and Lazada has to pay. Submitting this review, i thought might help but until now, nothing happened...."
- "We got a new roof that is now in our falling piece by piece in to our yard. This is not the first time either. September 20th is when the..."
- "We went to the only Steak N Shake in Charleston SC. We sat unattended for 15 minutes while numerous waitresses passed by us and our waitress was behind the..."
- "We bought a power dual reclining couch from La-Z-Boy back in November 2014. We chose a synthetic "leather-like" surface in the showroom due to its warm feel that's unlike traditional..."
- "My front headlight header or support frame was cracked. My wife went to Macco located at 5786 Dorchester Rd, N. Charleston, SC to have the header or support bracket repaired..."