Frigidaire Appliances Suck

Five years ago my wife and I built a new home.We purchased a refrigerator and slide in stove from Lowe's.

We purchased the three year warranty with it, which ended up being a good thing. Before the three years were up, a service person had to come out on five different occasions to repair problems with the refrigerator. Now that it's out of warranty, the ice maker won't push ice into the door. Also during the warrany period, four service calls were performed on the range.

The top burners would go to a high setting without touching the knobs. Now that it's out of warranty and less than six years old, my wife was preheating the oven and a loud pop, and large flash of light came from behind the oven control panel, then tripped the circuit breaker. I pulled the panel off and the wiring harness had caught on fire. We are very blessed that it didn't cause a house fire.

I contacted Frigidaire three days ago with no response. Not only do their appliances suck, their customer service is in the same catagory.

We have to buy a new stove now, and you can bet it want be a Frigidaire.STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 3 Yes 3
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Chris Polk

Oct 19, 2012 #557602

I apologize for the inconvenience and concerns this refrigerator has been causing you. I would like to further assist you but in order to do so, will you please email me directly at with your unit's model/serial information, personal name, address, phone number and date of purchase of the unit? Thank you in advance for supplying me the information needed. Please include any other pertinent information concerning this unit. I look forward to further resolving this matter. Please let us know if there's anything we can do in the future. At Electrolux, we stand firmly behind our products and services, and we certainly understand the value and importance of our customers. When the opportunity should arise where you are able to share your personal experience with others through one-on-one conversations, social media, or in your community, we would be most appreciate of a recommendation for our company and the Electrolux brand.

Chris Polk
Online Outreach Representative
Electrolux Major Appliances, North America

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Frigidaire. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Frigidaire.
Filing a new complaint about