Frigidaire Ice Maker on fridge they already replaced!

85 of 407 Frigidaire reviews

So about two years ago we purchased a Gallery series fridge.The "first generation" ice maker leaked and had issues and we had to fix it so many times that we complained and believe it or not, after reminding them they promised to replace it after fixing it so many times, we had to argue to get the new fridge.

They finally replaced it, but the second one was noisier, still leaked and I just gave up. It made such loud noises, that it would scare our kids and other guests...Then about 2 weeks ago, the entire top half of the ice maker unit fell out into the ice (unbeknownst to us) and as we dispensed ice, it got pulled into the grinder thing and broke apart putting pieces of plastic in our ice. Thank goodness I caught it. over 300 dollars later, we have replaced the ice maker.

The repairman advised us when he ordered the part, he was told it's a huge problem. Never again will I buy Frigidaire. Unfortunately the entire kitchen and extra fridge in the garage are Frigidaire, so when they die, I will never again buy their product. Our washer and dryer lasted under 10 years (Frigidaire) but were replaced with a way better brand.

I can't believe how horrible their ice maker and refrigerator is.

Out microhood makes a loud vibrating noise and the dishwasher started out being super quiet, but over the 2 years we've had it, seems to be getting louder.were done with this company.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Ease of Use
Style and Design

• What I liked
    • That they replaced the first machine
  • What I disliked
    • Bad quality product

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Frigidaire Gallery Series Refrigerator
Review category
Appliances and Electronics
review #694692 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Frigidaire? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
85 of 407 Frigidaire reviews

PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.