Our just over a year old Frigidaire (model FPGF3685LSA) range door will not close tightly. I had a Frigidaire approved tech out and he changed the hinges. All good for about four months then the gap started growing again. And no, I never lean or put anything causing pressure on the open door. The control knobs would get so hot when the oven was on that I burnt my fingers a few times.

Contacting Frigidaire again I asked if there was a recall on this appliance as it's design is faulty. They said no and to call the tech. I had A&E (Sears) come out. The tech said the hinges were not the problem and wanted to replace the inside support face of the oven for $567. I suddenly became suspicious as when I looked the face of the oven it was tight. I declined the repair and paid $100 for the service call.

When my husband came home he took the door off. The problem is in the poor quality of metal used in the door. The hinge openings in the door have bent due to the weight of the door itself. Replacing the entire front face of the oven, as the tech recommended, would not have fixed the problem. Dear husband using pliers bent the metal back to where it should be and added a brushed nickle slide lock found at HomeDepot of about $5. My problem is fixed, for now, but I am disappointed in Frigidaire and as a kitchen contractor will not recommend their products to any of my customers.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue. The author is overall dissatisfied with Frigidaire and uploaded picture s. The most disappointing about frigidaire range from Frigidaire was poor quality, oven door will not close tightly and dangerous Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Frigidaire.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Appliances and Electronics category for more informed decision or compare Frigidaire to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Frigidaire?

Comments