Our just over a year old Frigidaire (model FPGF3685LSA) range door will not close tightly. I had a Frigidaire approved tech out and he changed the hinges. All good for about four months then the gap started growing again. And no, I never lean or put anything causing pressure on the open door. The control knobs would get so hot when the oven was on that I burnt my fingers a few times.
Contacting Frigidaire again I asked if there was a recall on this appliance as it's design is faulty. They said no and to call the tech. I had A&E (Sears) come out. The tech said the hinges were not the problem and wanted to replace the inside support face of the oven for $567. I suddenly became suspicious as when I looked the face of the oven it was tight. I declined the repair and paid $100 for the service call.
When my husband came home he took the door off. The problem is in the poor quality of metal used in the door. The hinge openings in the door have bent due to the weight of the door itself. Replacing the entire front face of the oven, as the tech recommended, would not have fixed the problem. Dear husband using pliers bent the metal back to where it should be and added a brushed nickle slide lock found at HomeDepot of about $5. My problem is fixed, for now, but I am disappointed in Frigidaire and as a kitchen contractor will not recommend their products to any of my customers.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor quality
- Oven door will not close tightly
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Frigidaire Fpgf3685Lsa Gas Range
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "The washing machine is ripping my clothes to shreds due to a malfunction in the machine. Frigidaire refuses to fix at no cost.The washing machine is ripping my clothes to..."
- "My husband and I had been researching fridges for the past several months, and last week came across an 'open box' Samsung at Best Buy that was within range of..."
- "Hearthware has redesigned a new "Power Dome" that they say will withstand the temperature of the oven (why they would have designed a dome that doesn't withstand the heat, nobody..."
- "The chicken keeps disappearing in my half salad. We used to get one chicken cutlet sliced. Now we get about 8 - 10 little cubes of chicken. SKIMPING ON..."
- "My husband bought me a beautiful sapphire necklace and matching earrings for our 5th anniversary at Kay Jewelers. In the 3.weeks since receiving this gift from my wonderful husband the chain..."
- "Horrible place to live. Harassed by management . They worry about things that they shouldn't be worrying about , they don't fix tripping hazards that you report , nor fix..."
- "Justin Holt from Austin commercial will be tried in court for numerous accounts of fraud: conspiracy to terrorism, fraud, misrepresentation, conspiracy to perjury, false advertising, breach of contract, violation of..."
- "I have had a terrible experience with light in the box! I paid (Oct. 12) for item with express expedited shipping (3-4 business days) (1-3 days for processing). I have..."