Frigidaire - Gas Range door won't close tightly

Our just over a year old Frigidaire (model FPGF3685LSA) range door will not close tightly. I had a Frigidaire approved tech out and he changed the hinges. All good for about four months then the gap started growing again. And no, I never lean or put anything causing pressure on the open door. The control knobs would get so hot when the oven was on that I burnt my fingers a few times.

Contacting Frigidaire again I asked if there was a recall on this appliance as it's design is faulty. They said no and to call the tech. I had A&E (Sears) come out. The tech said the hinges were not the problem and wanted to replace the inside support face of the oven for $567. I suddenly became suspicious as when I looked the face of the oven it was tight. I declined the repair and paid $100 for the service call.

When my husband came home he took the door off. The problem is in the poor quality of metal used in the door. The hinge openings in the door have bent due to the weight of the door itself. Replacing the entire front face of the oven, as the tech recommended, would not have fixed the problem. Dear husband using pliers bent the metal back to where it should be and added a brushed nickle slide lock found at HomeDepot of about $5. My problem is fixed, for now, but I am disappointed in Frigidaire and as a kitchen contractor will not recommend their products to any of my customers.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Poor quality
    • Oven door will not close tightly
    • Dangerous

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Product or service
Frigidaire Fpgf3685Lsa Gas Range
Review category
Appliances and Electronics
review #740393

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Frigidaire? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Frigidaire. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Frigidaire.
Filing a new complaint about