My Frigidaire washing machine's door handle broke. My warranty expired. Geek squad couldn't come for 3 weeks by appointment, or a private appliance company could come in one day.

Private company quoted me $39.00 for the part - $160.00 labor, plus the $59.00 for them to come for a total of $258.00.

I called Best By corporate offices and they said they were sorry, and said they could order the part for me for $19.00 and mail it to me in 4-5 days for $7.00 shipping and handling.

The part came in 4 days and I was able to replace the plastic door handle in 3 minutes with just 2 small screws.

Fix it yourself and save literally hundreds or dollars on small repairs. The appliance repair industry is out of control.

Good luck.

Had an Experience with Frigidaire?

Comments

I apologize for the inconvenience and concerns your front load washer has been causing you. I would like to further assist you but in order to do so, will you please email me directly at Chris.Polk@Electrolux.com with your unit's model/serial information, personal name, address, phone number and date of purchase of the unit?

Thank you in advance for supplying me the information needed. Please include any other pertinent information concerning this unit. I look forward to further resolving this matter.

Please let us know if there's anything we can do in the future. At Electrolux, we stand firmly behind our products and services, and we certainly understand the value and importance of our customers. When the opportunity should arise where you are able to share your personal experience with others through one-on-one conversations, social media, or in your community, we would be most appreciate of a recommendation for our company and the Electrolux brand.

Chris Polk